- Married his high school sweetheart, Karen 49 years ago, they have three adult daughters and four grandchildren.
- The Carters have lived in the Sutallee community for the past 19 years.
- Active members of Canton First Baptist Church
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Tennessee
- Recently retired from a 34-year career in management with the Kroger Company
Community Involvement and Volunteer Activities
- Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce, active member since 1997.
Graduate of Leadership Cherokee 1999
Steering Committee Leadership Cherokee 2002, 2004, 2009-2010
Chairman’s Council, Board of Directors 2004-2006
Volunteer of the Year 2007
Past Cherokee representative on the Atlanta Regional Workforce Board - 2010 to 2014
Past Chairman of the Workforce Development Council, served as Chairman for the last eight years
- Current Chairman Cherokee County Volunteer Aging Council, board member since 2004, served as Board Chairman for several terms
- Cherokee County YMCA – Current board member, past board Chairman
- Cherokee Give a Kid a Chance – past Leadership team
- Cherokee County Drug Accountability Court/Treatment Accountability Court – currently serves on the advisory board
- Cherokee County Republican Party – Member
- Cherokee County Republican Women’s Group – Associate member
Elected in a Special Election held in April of 2019, and he has served as the County Commissioner for District 3 since May of 2019.